Wednesday, January 11, 2006

 

Deep breath

I do not usually make resolutions for the new year. Sure, there's always a smallish list of 'secret' goals, some little self-improvement or three fashioned around the first of the year for me to work on, but nothing formalized in writing and definitely not something I ever felt obligated to actually complete. This year, however, was different. Not only did I foolishly create a physical list of resolutions, I actually SHARED it with another person. Worse still was the inclusion of item 12 - Create. a. blog.

I have wanted to start a blog for quite a while now and have threatened to do just that on several occasions. But, each time my friends have rightly called my bluff. And so, I went about my business, or everyone else's, rather, pouring over the latest updates at all my most favorite blogs.

But that was before the resolution. This time, it's serious. The account has been created (after the temporary setback of finding a suitable user name - who knew someone else would not only claim Nanda for their own, but also NandaJo, Manders, Manda, and Mondo?!?), a template chosen, the blog named, and the first post has (nearly) been shakily composed. With the tiniest of tiny clicks, I will have published my first entry.

Now, if only I can screw up enough courage to tell someone I've finally entered the blogosphere. Perhaps that will be one of my resolutions for next year..

Comments:
One down, 11 to go! Congrats!

I look forward to reading you hourly posts. ;^)

rickus
 
Mwahahaha! My evil plans are nearly complete!

And you didn't have to work up the courage to tell me, because Rickus did it for you.

Don't worry. Your secret is safe with me...for now!

Oh, and I LOVE your blog title. *wink, wink*
 
I found you too! Hope that's not too creepy ;)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




hits