Wednesday, April 04, 2007

 

Now, stand on your head

So, Maya barged in on me yesterday while I was using the bathoom. We haven't worked on privacy and personal space just yet, so any door that happens to be pulled to but not securely shut? open invitation for company from Little Girl. To distract her from her usual urges to hang on me and to crawl up into my lap, I asked her to find things. Like her head or her belly button or her ears. And we counted: ten fingers, two eyes, two feet, one nose but TWO nostrils. And so on until two whole minutes had passed and Maya was getting bored. So we got more active. Jump! I'd say. And Maya would jump. Touch your nose! And she'd find her nose, squishing it flat to her face with her finger. Stand on one foot! Nothing. Stand on one foot! Finally, Maya walked over to me, steadied herself by holding onto my leg, and stood with both feet on my right foot.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




hits