Thursday, March 27, 2008

 

Sleepybones

Yawn. My books and I stayed up way past my bedtime last night, so I've been reeeaally sleeeepy all day today. So sleeeeeepy that after I wrapped my towel around me and stumbled out of the shower this morning I could not remember if I had ever actually used any soap, and I couldn't find my socks, the ones I had been carrying around with me as I padded from room to room looking for them, and at work I ended a phone call with a very helpful woman in HR (Cathy) by calling her the wrong name (thanks, Karen), only to have to call her back a few minutes later because I needed additional information, and I dropped out in the middle of singing Happy Birthday to my supervisor with two other co-workers because I thought it would be great fun to sing 'you look like a monkey and you smell like one too' instead of the more traditional 'happy birthday dear (insert name here), happy birthday to you'... but I couldn't remember it quick enough (I only had the 'monkey' 'and you smell like one too' bit) and so I sang nothing instead and it looks like I forgot his name, (and then there's the whole business of thinking it would be fun and appropriate in the first place). Oh, and I wrote this post. So, my books and I are not having such a late tonight.

Comments:
Hmmm ... sounds like my tail ... or rather, the til end of my day. Only I have it everyday. Which means I somnambulate on a daily basis, and nobody notices 'cause they never seen me awake. They actually think I work with my face open and eyes half closed!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




hits