Saturday, January 14, 2006

 

Cheaters never win

I kind of put myself on a diet earlier this week. And every day this week, I have kind of, well, cheated on it. I seem to do all right early in the day (my stomach isn't much of a morning person). But in the afternoon, I get all snacky and start looking for things to munch. Unfortunately, our office is rarely in short supply of things to nibble. Friday, it was a ginormous plate of fudge. Thursday, a lemon bundt cake. Wednesday, vanilla ice cream and rootbeer were set out to make floats. Tuesday, some angel food cake/whip cream/cherry pie filling monstrosity. Monday, ah - you get the idea.

This afternoon, we are motoring over to Tulsa to see the 3:55 showing of Brokeback Mountain. Immediately following the movie, we are dining on a delectable dinner of fondue at The Melting Pot. (I'm amazed at the calm I was able to exhibit while typing that sentence.. no capitalization, no exclamation of holy heck! nothing.)

If I don't eat anything between now and 7:00, I should be able to eat my fondue feast without going over my 1300 calorie limit for the day.

Comments:
I'm glad you're FINALLY getting to go to the Melting Pot!!! I hope it's a dream come true.

I must also tell you that I cheated on my diet AGAIN last night at Chili's. And I have tried to convince Rick to cheat with me all day today. Clearly, I am not so good with the willpower!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




hits