Tuesday, March 21, 2006

 

Get Stuffed

Last month, several of us met up at a swanky little Italian restaurant in Tulsa to celebrate the OTHER P-Town McBrides' anniversary. As we were all standing around in the cold afterward, deliciously full and happy and preparing to go our separate ways, we made the terrific decision to get together in March for another night out. At Kilkenny’s. Where they serve fish and chips.

About mid-March I realized no one had called about the meet-up. Dang it. Not one to just let an outing go, especially outings that involve good food (and friends), I phoned Rick to see what gives already. He directed me to Katie and the two of us decided we’d all congregate for dinner 6:30ish on Monday. Yea! I love it when a plan comes together! We called Jason and Andrea and Darrell and waited for Monday to arrive already.

So, last night, we had the good fortune of dining in the company of the knitta and Rickus, et. al. At Kilkenny's. Where they serve fish and chips. And reubens. And the Vinesgrove boxty (which is what I usually get, but, wanting to somewhat stick to the plan for a slimmer me, ordered the blackened cod with curry sauce instead). Oh, and Guinness chocolate cake, the really ooey gooey kind that is not for diet at all. Unless you're on the cheater's diet, which I suppose I've signed on to as of yesterday. Consequently, I think I consumed all my calories for the week in that one slice of chocolatey goodness. *sigh*

I was still full when I got out of bed this morning. Gah. Whoopin' it up at Kilkenny's is not exactly the way to kick start a new weight-loss plan. I'll be sure to order a bit lighter next month when we get together for comida Mexicana at Santa Fe's.

Comments:
I LOVE our monthly Tulsa getaways! And Kilkenny's is awesome. I don't think I'd mind going there in April...or May...or June....

Yay Guinness Chocolate Cake!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




hits