Tuesday, May 23, 2006

 

I know a really nice person whose birthday is today-o.

Today is Katie's birthday. (Happy Birthday, Katie!) I can always remember Katie's birthday because it is EXACTLY three months after mine. I have boasted, on at least one occasion, that I would never ever forget Katie's birthday as long as I live, so help me God. I now realize that this was an incredibly stupid thing to do, mostly because it gives me absolutely NO excuse for being unprepared for, um, Katie's birthday (what with the three month's warning and all), but also because I invoked God. And when you're a procrastinator who insists you will never forget a birthday, the supreme being, who through her omniscience knows otherwise, has a tendency to deal with you.. and does so the night before by causing you to have a horrific sex dream involving Ozzy Osbourne. *shudder*

So, to recap, I did not forget Katie's birthday. I did however fail to get her gift ready in time and was stricken with a bad sex dream. And I'm so sorry. It's still the thought that counts, though, right? At least while I am readying your gift? Maybe? Think about it. Get back with me.

In the meantime, I stumbled across a chap earlier today by the name of Paul Sadowski. A bit of a nutter, but he passed along some information regarding Katie's happy day, so I thought I'd share. For instance, per his calculations, Katie's date of conception was on or around August 30, 1977. Always good to know because it's often fun to think about the one time your parents had 'relations'. Katie was born on a Tuesday, (you Gemini, you!) and her life path is an eight (whatever that means). He says, in a voice at regular volume inspite of my insistence that he whisper this bit, that Katie is twenty-eight as of today. There are 365 shopping days (which still probably won't be enough for me, alas) til her next birthday. He pointed out that she will then be 29 (again with the not whispering). Smart guy, that one.

So, Paul and I wish you the happiest of happy birthdays! You are one of my oldest (no pun intended. really.) and dearest friends, and a complete stranger to Paul, and I love y'uns very much. See you tomorrow for the fondue feast!

Comments:
If anyone ever did NOT deserve a bad Ozzy sex dream, it's you.

Thankee, thankee, thankee for the Happy Birthdays! Can't wait for the fondue to fly tonight.

And now I can wonder what prompted my parents to get it on that one time in late August 1977....

thanks...8^)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




hits