Tuesday, April 25, 2006

 

In which we come to an enchanted place and say goodbye

My imaginary friend has given notice. She sat me down yesterday afternoon and told me that she has accepted a new position with the Osage tribe and will be leaving in three weeks. Yeah, like they don't have enough imaginary friends already, they have to go and steal mine. She assures me it's not us, it's her. It seems that she has gotten burned out over the last six years and needs a change. So, she's made one and I'm happy for her. I really am. I'll just, you know, miss her. A lot. I now have three weeks to get used to the idea of not seeing her every day. It's really hard to lose work friends. Even imaginary ones.

Comments:
Let me take this opportunity to introduce you to Jane. Jane just started working at DHS in Pawhuska. She really loves all the music you love. She is a big fan of documentaries, photography and can never finish a book. She also has a 2 year old daughter who loves the chicken song. I think you guys will hit it off. Jane, Amanda. Amanda, Jane. Now go forth and be friends.
 
How about a Hallmark card? Maybe?

Jane sounds lovely! I think we will quickly become the best of friends.
 
Hi, Jane. Nice to meet you. Please try your very best to keep Nanda entertained at work, because she can't be playing on the internet so much anymore! And also, you might let her listen to NPR occasionally. Thanks in advance!
 
..except when she cracks on screener days and hops online illegally. BwaaaHAHAHAHAHaaa!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




hits