Tuesday, April 11, 2006

 

I know a chicken

Congratulate me. I survived another All Staff! This was the festive, let's get ready for Easter All Staff (complete with egg hunt. No, really), which beats the hell out of the morning of disease and pestilence I endured last month. I'll trade bloodborne pathogens and clogged arteries for multi-colored eggs stuffed with chocolate any month of the year.

The employee recognition committee, being the creative, theme-lovin' folks that they are, had all the tables in the conference room decked out with plastic pastel Easter eggs nestled in purple Easter grass, you know, to give us something pretty to pick at while the director sorts through the mail. And since I can't ever seem to leave things alone, it wasn't long before I picked up one of the eggs and shook it. A bit. Quietly, of course. After a minute or so of shaking my shaky egg, I couldn't take it any longer. I turned to my co-worker, leaned in and sang: I know a chicken... and she laid an egg. Quietly, of course. The weird thing was no one found it particularly odd that I was singing about a chicken and her shaky eggs.

I love Laurie Berkner.

Comments:
Your coworkers have a lot of flair.
 
This NPR story made me think of you: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5329102

Great. Now I like Laurie Berkner, too.
 
FanTAStic! A convert! Bwaaaahahaha!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




hits