Monday, April 03, 2006

 

Look! I'm a Picasso!

So, Justin was waiting for me with some interesting news when I got home today. A new piece of art had found its way into our house. A Picasso print. Apparently, a co-worker was doing a little spring cleaning and decided The Lovers, along with a box full of old books, had to go. And Justin was more than happy to take them in. I managed a precursory dig through the box, glancing at a title or two, skimming the pages of a few books as I went. Though it was mostly a convenient excuse for me to.. smell. them. I LOVE the way books smell. Especially old ones. Anyway, the books are waiting patiently in a corner of the room for a proper pilfering. The print is now hanging in our living room. And I like it. A lot.

Comments:
It's the 1923 painting with the guy in the long underwear.

There were several books that seemed interesting - a few CS Lewis titles, a book with the Apocrapha, Dead Sea Scrolls, Gnostic Gospels all rolled into one, some meditations, books with titles like Your God is Too Small or Encountering God. I missed out on my pilfering, though. Justin's dad made off with two grocery sacks full last night (at our invitation). And, really, it's probably for the best since my reading list is already a bit obnoxious these days.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




hits