Friday, August 04, 2006

 

Before you go

J: Oh, I need you to do me a favor before I go..
A: ..I need you to recite Ozymandias for me. (because everyone is ALWAYS wanting someone to recite Ozymandias; it's never ending. Honestly.)
J: (rummaging in a basket for a pen) I met a traveller from an antique land, Who said--Two vast and trunkless legs of stone...
A: Wait, you can actually recite Ozymandias?
J: Well, yeah. (and then gives me this look like pshaw! can't everyone?!?)

And this surprises me why exactly?

Comments:
I had an ex do that with Cantebury Tales once. I'd heard a recording of it in high school done in the original language and loved it. He asked me what was the most obscure thing that turned me. I said the original Cantebury Tales and he just broke out into it and recited the first several verses...accent and all.

Of course that was about the only thing he ever really did right...Thank God Justin's got more going for him. Lucky Nanda!
 
Oh yeah, well I once knew a girl from Nantucket.... :)
 
Now Katie, KATIE has herself a man who can recite, wait for it! The Jabberwocky. How awesome is that? I ask you.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




hits