Tuesday, January 23, 2007

 

Maya makes a friend

On Sunday afternoon, we decided to venture out to play in the snow. I played at digging out the driveway while Maya and her dad played at building her first snowman. With a shingle mouth and cigar nose and two eyes made out of rocks.






Once finished, Maya excitedly waived me over to meet her new friend, Snowman. Re.peat.ed.ly. "Hi, Snowman," she would say, patting him on the shoulder. "I'm Maya, and this is Mama." She gestured to me with both hands each time as she explained who I was.




After awhile, I thought I'd try to learn a bit more about Snowman, like his favorite color or where he's from. So I followed up my latest "Nice to meet you" with "Hey, Maya, where does Snowman come from?" Maya stopped gesturing. "Snowman come from?" I watched her turn this over before replying, "Ice, Mama. Snowman come from ice." And then she went back to introducing the two of us to our silent companion.

Comments:
Sounds like Maya has a firm grasp on the properties of water. I thought maybe she was gonna bust out with, "He comes from the land of the ice and snow..."

Cute pictures!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




hits