Wednesday, April 11, 2007

 

Popular

So yesterday at our monthly All Staff meeting, I was marched to the front of the conference room and crowned Worker of the UNIVERSE! Okay, worker of the quarter. And it wasn’t so much a crowning as a pat and a handshake and a picture for the area news letter (which everyone totally reads). I was also presented with a nifty certificate to post in my cubicle as a reminder of my three-month term. One of my favorite things about the certificate is the duplication of the word 'selects', as in 'Osage County DHS selects selects Amanda M as Family Services Worker of the Quarter'. I dig the suggested emphasis. My second favorite thing is that it was signed and dated April of 2006, so it's like it was pre-destined to happen, which is really freakin' awesome. So thank you, anonymous, for thinking I was worthy of a nomination, and to all my friends in ERC who made it possible: You. are. swell. The lot of y'uns. Cheers!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




hits