Friday, August 03, 2007

 

The waiting is the hardest part

I’ve been an online member at JPG Magazine for several months now. Long enough to see at least three issues to which I could have contributed come and go. Buuuut... Earlier this week, I finally got brave, riffled through my stash, and submited a photograph for consideration in an upcoming issue -a whole thirty minutes before deadline, but, whatever. I'm all about the procrastination and pressure, and really if I'd had much more time to think about it, I'd have talked myself out of contributing. Again.

Now, I’m at the mercy of other JPG members, and the editors. Fellow JPGers vote on all the submissions after a theme closes, and the ones that get the most attention from the community typically get published. There are typically three themes for each issue. This issue, the themes are Family, Fashion, and Creative License. I submitted a photograph, At the Zoo, for Family. And now I'm waiting and voting and trying not to think about which of my photographs would have made better entries or the number of votes I'm not getting or the fact that my shot looks more and more mediocre the further into the 376 pages of submissions I go.

I don't really expect my photograph to be chosen for the issue (it's really not going to get much exposure since I entered so late). Mostly, I'm glad I was finally able to make myself contribute. Plus, I think the themes will encourage me to pick up my camera, leave the house more. And, hey! I think I can scratch off another item from my list of 2007 resolutions! Sweet.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




hits