Tuesday, July 17, 2007

 

Can't get you out of my head

Some people, important people, people that I share a small, hemmed in space with five days a week, tell me that posting pictures? Not blogging. Not really. So today, Holly, I'm going to post something from YouTube! Ah haha!

I have two songs stuck in my head, and I've been alternating between them for a coupla days now. One is the bouncy "I've Got a Lovely Bunch of Coconuts", the other is the charming (in a way that makes me want to perpetually throw up) novelty song "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas". Of all the songs in the known universe, why these two songs in particular should turn against me in such a vicious way I'm sure I'll never know. But I am certain of this: I. Am. Being Punished.

I am only familiar with a few lines from each song, so the same fragments (I’ve got a lovely bunch of coconuts/There they are all standing in a row/Big ones, small ones, some as big as your head and I want a hippopotamus for Christmas/Only a hippopotamus will do) relentlessly seesaw back and forth throughout the day. Um, out loud. Not exactly conducive to social work, but it does help to secure my position as the office weirdo.

In a weird twist of fate, I came across this over at Milk money or not, here I come. I can now randomly interject Roll a bowl a ball a penny a piiiITCH! into any quiet moments of the day, which is GREAT because I think it is finally scaring off the hippos.



Comments:
I'm in tech/performances of a reading here in which the opening of Act II is the actors coming on stage to Rush's Tom Sawyer. The song only plays for about 15 seconds and I've heard it over and over again for the past two days. So, that's the sound track in my brain right now...of course only the first 15 seconds of the song.

cell reception sucks here. I'll call you soon.
love
me
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




hits