Saturday, November 10, 2007

 

Take a little trip

The McFamily and I rolled out of bed this morning 8:30ish so we would have plenty of time to get all of our Saturday morning loafin-round-the-house-in-our-jammies-because-we-slack-like-that in before finally loading up some four hours later to leave for Okrahoma City so we could hang out with Katie and Rick before all the cute gifting and baby belly ogling starts at the Shower Sunday afternoon.

Five minutes before we were set to leave I pulled down our stash of gift bags to find one for our gift. And five minutes before we left, I realized we had nothing suitable. All of the gift bags from Maya's baby shower were pink and girly. We would have to make a stop somewhere to get a bag. I called Katie to giver her our ETA and of course told on myself basically from hello, because that's what I do, and Katie offered the use of one of HER gift bags, because that's what she does. And sadly I thought long and hard about taking her up on it because a) I was ready to get to her house already and b) I'm lazy and c) I don't usually like going into stores all that much, but for Target I'll usually make an exception. Luckily, my husband stepped in and rescued me from my ridiculousness and told both me and Katie we'd be making a stop on the way. I love stops.

Anyway, things seem to always have a way of working out in the end. Turns out Katie lives RIGHT down the street from a Target, so I was able to pick up a gift bag for the shower AND another little sommin' sommin' for baby Levi, this time something that actually made the registry! Another gift to keep secret! And to help make sure it stays secret, Rick and Katie cover their ears and leave the room anytime I try to even hint at what's in the bag. They're such awesome friends. I love them.

Tonight we went out for yummy seafood at Pearls and tomorrow the big kids will take the little ones to the Omniplex while the girls gather for the baby shower. I hope there's cake.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




hits