Tuesday, January 17, 2006

 

B-O-O-T-S. Boots!

I have been singing this song by Laurie Berkner to myself all the live long day. I picked it up watching Noggin with Maya and now I can't seem to shake it. It follows me to the bathroom (B-O-O-T-S. BOOTS!). It is with me on the phone (B-O-O-T-S. BOOTS!). It invited itself to lunch (Red Boots!). And has apparently decided to stick around all afternoon (in my boots STOMP! STOMP! in my boots STOMP! STOMP!). I suppose it could be worse. It could have been Banana Phone (doo doo dah doo dah doo!).

Who knew children's songs could be so infectious?

Comments:
A note to anyone planning on visiting the Noggin link: Turn down the volume on your speakers. When I went to the link to see what the heck this whole Noggin thing was I was nearly knocked over by the enthusiastic "WELCOME TO NOGGIN!" that came blaring out of my speakers. Perhaps I did have them up a bit loud, but I swear the narrator has it in for me!

Mystery word: mroxgq, which I don't think is a real word.

rickus
 
We have a few of Laurie's CDs. BOOTS is a favorite of my son's. It is in my head often.
 
I secretly really like both BOOTS and Banana Phone. But, shhh! Don't tell anyone. *smile*
 
Do you ever get the feeling that the 'mystery words' are just REALLY baaaad scrabble hands? I mean, seriously, what can you make out of rmykxbuw? Maybe it just means I'm a really bad scrabble playah.
 
Well considering you're only allowed to have 7 tiles in a Scrabble hand and you have 8 letters... Not only are you a poor player, you cheat too.

Not nice Nanda. Play by the rules; play fair.
 
Oops... I forgot to sign the above post! It was from....

rickus
 
It's not so secret for me. One would have to somewhat enjoy the kids's shows to allow them to play in their home. Otherwise, they could like, play or something.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




hits