Thursday, June 15, 2006

 

YEAH, THAT'S RIGHT!

I’ve lost (almost) twenty pounds! If I hold my breath and stand juuust right on the bathroom scales first thing in the morning without a shred of clothing on. And, really, it is probably closer to fifteen, but (almost) twenty just sounds better. So, I’ve lost (almost) twenty pounds!

Right now, my weight has been fluctuating between 172ish and 175 (this is the part where people chime in that, gosh, they never would have guessed in, like, a gazillion years that I weighed that much! and I nod and tell them oh, but it’s true! And they say something about how my weight must be well distributed or some such nonsense and I back away and find some excuse to be somewhere else). The goal, my goal, is to lose five pounds a month, and so far I’ve been able to make it each month. So, yea me!

Oh, and then there’s my clothes. They’re bagging. BAGGING. MY clothes! Enough that other people have noticed. So sometime soon I guess I’ll be taking myself and my baggy clothes shopping. And for the first time in, pfffft, I dunno, ten years? it’s because my clothes are a bit big instead of a bit snug. Lord help us all if I start to actually like shopping again.

Comments:
hey congrats.

Is there anything you are doing to lose it??
 
Mostly, I just started paying more attention to what I was eating. Or really how MUCH I was eating. I've cut back my portions and try to keep my calories between 1200 and 1400 a day - though this doesn't always work. I traded in red meat for chicken, fish, and turkey (I can't believe I've made it three months without a hamburger!) and stopped drinking soda. Mostly. I still have the occasional Dr. Pepper when we go out to eat. Oh, and I make it a point to cheat on the weekends.

Now, if I could just make myself exercise...
 
Congratulations on losing (almost) twenty pounds! You're doing great. I hope you do enjoy shopping for some new clothes--it's always nice when it's for smaller clothes than for bigger!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




hits