Friday, August 31, 2007

 

Tell me the story about owl and dragon and me

Maya loves stories, especially any in which she happens to be a part. Several times a day, Maya will request a story. Mom, tell me a story about you and me and my pony, Butterbell! Or, Mom, tell me a story about me and George and uncle Jason and the lake! Or, Tell me a story about you and me and Dad and lots of fruta! Or, her favorite, Tell me the story about you and me and Dad when you pooted and Dad pooted and I pooted and we all pooted together! (we have Dad to thank for that one).

Last night, Justin and Maya were telling stories using a neato little magnetic puzzle board which has character pieces, including an owl and dragon and knight and wizard and princess and squire. This was Maya's story:

Once upon a time, there was an owl at night. Hoo, hoo. Along came a big, green dragon. It was going to eat that owl. Along came Maya; she came to rescue the owl. She tickled the dragon. She saved the owl. The end.


She has added this to her list of stories she likes us to tell. We told it twice last night before bed.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




hits