Tuesday, August 22, 2006

 

Secret Miniature Pony

So, I think my dad may have bought little girl a pony. I think this because he told me. He stopped in for a brief visit over the weekend. And while we were visiting, he thoughtfully paused as if he'd remembered something (and boy, had he), turned to me, and casually mentioned that, oh yeah, he got a pony for Maya. A miniature one. As if he just happened to pick one up while he was out garage saling or something. This makes me laugh hysterically until I realize he's actually serious. Now, I know he said he was going to spoil the poop out of her, but I didn’t think the spoiling would entail a pony, at least not a real one. Oh, and possibly a St Bernard, if we think she'd like a dog. Sure, because we all know that kids turn THOSE down.

I don’t remember ever wanting a pony when I was a kid. Trampoline, yes. Telescope, yes. Pony, not so much. I blame this, at least in part, on my best friend at the time who was a horse fan.a.tic. She had two ponies, real ones that she would ride on the weekends. She loved horses so much I think she may have wanted to be one. Whenever we got together I could expect our play to somehow involve horses. Either we had imaginary horses or our bikes were horses or SHE was a horse. So, when you think about it, I didn’t really need a horse. I had her.

Anyway. I kind of figured the day would come when one of the five grandparents would give Maya a pet for a gift, but I thought it would, you know, be a puppy or a bunny or goldfish. Something smaller, and a little less... rideable.

Or edible. We made a ridiculous discovery last night while searching for information on miniature horses. Apparently, some folks consider miniature horses a right tasty treat. So, as soon as Maya has done loved her horse all up, I reckon we can try out some of these here recipes. Chicken fried horse? M'mm m'mm them's good eats.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




hits