Monday, September 04, 2006

 

Bed by dawn

Tonight I watched The Exorcism of Emily Rose, and while this may not be the scariest movie I've ever seen, it turned out to be creepy enough to keep me awake well past my bed time, even with all my stupid, distracting jokes and the frequent pauses to shield Maya from the more disturbing, scary parts. Usually when I am afeared, I flick lights on that normally aren't (at least not all at once) and cuddle up with the television to watch something light and think happy, non-haunting thoughts until I'm okay enough to hold my breath and tip toe back to my bedroom, or am just too damn tired to care anymore. But now I have to navigate an entire hall to get from the t.v. to the safety of my room. So instead, I've decided to cuddle up with the internet until I have just enough consciousness to scurry the whole five feet to bed. Only it's not going nearly as well. My feet have both fallen asleep from sitting on them so long. The low hum of the computer is not drowing out any of the spooky noises or helping me ignore our spastic cat who, mind you, keeps appearing suddenly in the doorway just long enough to hunker down all crazy-eyed before springing back down the hall... likely to perch atop the television for a good laugh.

Comments:
There's no way I could watch tis movie. I'm still having nightmares from The Sixth Sense.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




hits