Friday, November 03, 2006

 

Conventional Wisdom

If a member of an interview committee asks you what qualities you possess that make you suited for a job in social work, it is probably a good idea to not start your answer with 'I am not a patient person' and even better to not let 'patience is not my virtue' be the crux of your response. And while it's great that you're interested in this job because you 'think this type of work sounds interesting', tucking something about, say, helping people into your answer might be a good idea. Social work is a helping profession, after all.

Comments:
I'm glad to hear that saying you like helping people is a good thing in an interview. In every interview I've had as a nurse, I've been asked why I am a nurse. And I always say that I enjoy helping people. I mean it, of course, but I always feel kinda cheesy saying it.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




hits