Sunday, November 12, 2006

 

Hard habit to break

This may come as a shock to some of you, but I was late to class every day during my senior year of high school. Every. day. Try as I might, and I honestly did try (at least in the beginning), I could not make it safely to my seat before the bell. Morning or afternoon, it made no difference. It just didn't happen.

Oddly enough, I don't remember suffering any consequences for my serial tardiness. In fact, at the end of the year, I was even commended. Sort of. For graduation, Justin gave me a Danbury clock with the words 'Amanda Ever Prompt' engraved on the front. And I have faithfully lived by that clock ever since, the clock that has been perpetually stuck at 3:34 for the last, oh, nine years or so because I have never quite gotten around to replacing the battery.

So, as much as I wanted to be a timely NaBloPoMo participant, as much as I wanted to have all thirty posts in before midnight each day, it seems I'll just have to settle for merely being a participant, and an unofficial one at that (because I failed to, um, add my name to the participant list on time).

Comments:
Oh, come on! Couldn't you just edit the time to read 11:59? Pretty please?

Will you continue to try for 29 out of 30?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




hits