Thursday, January 19, 2006

 

Maybe cheaters can win afterall.

This morning I received an email from eDiets (the bastards) with info about some new fangled diet - the Cheaters Diet. Created by a weight loss guru by the name of Dr. Paul Rivas, the diet supposedly allows you to indulge while you slim.

A Mediterranean-style diet of seafood, vegetables, lean cuts of meat, olive oil, salads and berries is encouraged during the weekdays, and then on the weekend you can choose from the recommended "cheat foods" (pizza, chocolate, wine, beer and other 'comfort food'). This basically sounds like what I'm (trying) to do now. I just need to move my cheating ways to the weekend instead of indulging a bit each day.

The good doctor has a book explaining how you, too, can cheat yourself thin. It all sounds silly and simple and a little too good to be true. But, I think this diet would easily be the least difficult for me to stick with. I'd especially excell at the cheating. Of course, I'm too skeptical (and cheap) to fork over the $12.89 for the book, so I'll keep rocking along on my current course of diet and exercize and hope for the best.

Comments:
Cheating can be fun! Tuesday night Katie and I forgot to take the salmon out of the freezer to thaw (it takes almost 12 hours.) So on Wednesday when we didn't have anything to make for dinner, we decided to eat indian food! Hooray for indian food!!! So I was a little worried that I would gain back some of my recently lost/shrank adipose.

To my much welcomed surprise, it appears that it didn't really affect my efforts. Since the 2nd I've gone from having a 36" waist to a comfortable 34", From 198 lbs. to 179 lbs. I'm on target to be back down to my target of 175 lbs. very soon.

My point here (I guess) is that you can have your diet and cheat too. Katie & I have cheated a total of 4 times. And I've still had a marked amount of success. Keep rocking along as you say but don't be too afraid to eat something you love from time to time.

rickus
 
"Recommended 'cheat foods'"?? That just means you'll start cheating with the non-recommended cheat foods. It's a viscious cycle, and pretty soon, you'll be eating canned cat food because it's the only thing that makes you feel like you're bending the rules.
 
Whiskas - the McDonald's of cat food isn't that bad! I'd recommend staying away from the Liver and Cheese flavor though.

rickus
 
Nanda, Rick neglected to mention that when we went out for Indian food, he "cheated" by eating vegetable dishes, whereas I cheated by eating rice, beans, potatoes, and bread. Rick is a smart cheater, which is why he has lost 19 pounds and I have lost...maybe 3.

I mean, "men just lose weight faster." I need to keep telling myself that.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




hits