Sunday, January 22, 2006

 

It's all a waste of time again

I do very little on Saturdays. I never exactly set out to do nothing. It's just that nothing is what always seems to get done. I wake up each Saturday morning with the best of intentions, only to have these intentions fall by the wayside somewhere between breakfast and the early afternoon.

This Saturday was no different. Maya woke up, slid out of bed and pitter pattered into our room, oh, 7:30-ish. She grunted an 'up', and then wallowed her sleepy parents until they finally consented to get up, as is her custom. After breakfast, I followed Maya around the house while my more productive-minded husband slunk away to the garage to make a small table for little girl's new Dora the Explorer television and matching DVD playah (courtesy of Grandpa Joe). We napped from noon until two, little girl and I. And between 4:00 and 5:00, I finally peeled off my pj's, showered, and pulled on some clean clothes. By this time, the day was basically shot.

I did manage to read Brokeback Mountain today. I saw the movie last weekend and was somewhat disappointed (just somewhat! calm down!). I have a habit of enthusiastically anticipating certain releases. I think if I hadn't gone into the theater with such great expectations I would have enjoyed it more (or as much as you can enjoy a movie about two people who are desparately in love yet not allowed to be together). Maybe I was just distracted the night we saw it, but actually reading the narrative helped me get a better sense of Ennis and Jack and their story. I think sometimes there is a level of intimacy that one can achieve through the written word that isn't there when you watch a story unfold on the big screen. Anyway, I found the short story much more to my liking.

And with that, I really should go crawl into bed or I'll find myself doing nothing again tomorrow.

Comments:
Hooray for pictures!

Don't feel bad. Rick and I took our showers between 4 and 5 yesterday, too. Rick hadn't been lazy all day, though--he was working all day in the garage.

Me, I was lazy.
 
Justin's table looks awesome! Please tell him I said so. My efforts in the garage on Saturday and Sunday amounted to a whopping "2" legs for a table of my own design that I'm building. Fourteen hours in the cold. That just how productive I can be. Scary isn't it. I'm hoping to have the shell of the table done by the end of next weekend. I'm sure when It's done the Prairie Knitter will put up a picture on her blog. Oh, and on the whole laziness thing, I envy you!!! I only wish I could be so indulgent! I'm content though, living vicariously through you. Now go take a nap please. I'm feeling tired and could use the rest.

rickus
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




hits