Tuesday, January 24, 2006

 

Pardon my progress

I am constantly amazed by my friends. They're all so freakishly talented and creative. And driven. They decide to do things (whether it's building a table top to accomodate guests, translating ideas to film, painting, examining the self, making soap, writing, learning to knit, acting, melding music, designing furniture, tackling mountains, or directing phenomenal plays) and, you know, actually do them.

I am not really all that creative. I have a gross "super power" (don't ask), but don't really have any hidden abilities. And if I do, they're so hidden that I have yet to discover them. There are no artistic bones in my body. I appreciate music a bundle, but would be at an absolute loss to craft a song of my own. (If you need someone to sing in the shower, though, I'm your gal.) I adore movies but lack the vision to create films. Theater? Too inhibited. Anyway, you get the idea.

Limitations and flimsy objections aside, I have decided to seek out a creative niche for myself. This blog was actually a small step in that process. The next step, I think, will be the purchase of a book, say, Digital Photography for Dummies. It's about time I learned how to take a proper photograph.

In the meantime, I'll bask in the craftiness of my friends.

Comments:
Can I borrow that book when you're done? I need a lot of help in the photography department. And I can't keep blaming my crappy camera--most of it is my fault.
 
Why aren't you commenting on the films/music you adore? Even if you don't think you can create, your thoughts and input certainly can contribute to the creative process. And hey, you never know, putting down your thoughts on movies and such can lead to creative thoughts of your own...

Remember, all it takes to make a movie is money and time. Filmmakers are just the people who were willing to give up enough of both to make a movie. Trust me, there's nothing particularly artistic about 75% of them.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




hits