Saturday, July 08, 2006

 

I'm just a girl with a new haircut

This afternoon I found myself standing in the middle of Sprawl-Mart with a chunk of time to kill as the one-hour photo folks transferred vacation pictures from a disposable camera to disk. We had enough foresight to remember to pack our camera, but once we reached our vacation destination, failed to take it with us anywhere we went. I think subconsciously I may have wanted to prevent physical proof of my time spent in "family-friendly Las Vegas" proper. So, thank God for shops that sell disposable cameras by the buttload to husbands! I don't know how I would have made it without all the sweaty Silver Dollar City shots. Which I am absolutely NOT posting, by the way. Well, maybe one or two. Some day.

Anyway, when faced with time to waste inside a Supercenter, I sometimes get the urge to do crazy things... like deliberately walking into a SmartStyle salon so I can pay to have a stranger (with somewhat questionable hair) chop my hair off. And, inevitably, I pick a hairstyle intended for straight hair, one I know that my hair will fussily reject, but I'll insist upon it anyway, because I'm delusional.

I didn't sign in. Instead, I situated myself in the far corner of the room and flipped through books. About the time I decided I was going to do this thing, a girl spotted me in my corner and asked if I had been helped. I gave a clumsy description of what I wanted done (long in front, short in back), with the aid of a picture I found in one of the books, and let the girl guide me over to the sinks for a shampoo. Thirty minutes or so (and a few awkward exchanges that barely passed for small talk) later, the floor was covered with curls and what was left on my head had been flat-ironed into submission.





I'm sure I'll hate it in the morning. I ALWAYS hate my hair the next day. Cutter's remorse. But, I like it.. for now.

Comments:
I think your new haircut is great! You adventuress, you! And though I don't usually get cutter's remorse (I can't get my hair short enough), I have definitely picked haircuts for straight hair, which obviously won't work for my frizzy, cowlicked locks. The last time I tried to grow my hair out, it took me an hour a day to fix my hair with a straight iron. I chopped my hair back to boy length within a couple months!

I hope to talk to you soon. I've missed you since we've both been on vacation so long. In fact, I think this comment is turning into one of our emails. Whoops!
 
Oh my goodness you look HOT! That was worth the week of no posting just to log on and see your pretty face framed by such and adorable hair cut.

Looking forward to seeing the "new" you in a few weeks.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




hits