Friday, January 27, 2006

 

Because it's Friday

I have not been tagged to do this. But I am hopelessly addicted to online quizzes, questionnaires, and memes, so I'm completing it anyway. Besides, it's Friday afternoon and I don't want to work.


Ten Things You Never Knew About Me

1. Anytime I pass by a gumball machine I have to stop and get gum. I always secretly hope for a yellow one, but am happy with most any color the machine delivers. Except white. I'm not all that keen on the white ones.

2. When I was much younger and found myself in a new place surrounded by people I had never met before, I sometimes spoke in another accent (usually British or Australian) and pretended to be from out of town. Way out of town.

3. I really like the smell of leather. There used to be a store at the mall that primarily sold leather jackets. I would often stop in there for a quick sniff of the merchandise.

4. It REALLY bothers me to sit in front of a window at night that has no blinds or curtains. Really.

5. I have never been to Boston. This will be remedied next month, though, when we fly out to visit the biggest entertainment couple New England has ever seen.

6. One of the things my elementary school self wanted to be when she grew up was an author. She also wanted to turn the garage at her house in Blackwell into a bookstore.

7. In fifth grade, I took first place in a tri-county writing contest for my short story My Life as a Tire. It was probably the best story I've written to date.

8. I have a terrible memory. It's not uncommon for me to have the exact same conversation with someone multiple times, nearly word for word, without realising it. So, if you pop off or say something snotty to me and I say I'll remember that, don't worry. I probably won't.

9. I ran away once. When I was six or seven(ish), I grabbed a blanket, crammed my little Strawberry Shortcake suitcase full of oatmeal creme pies and a juice box and went to the living room to tell my mother I was running away. I then hopped on my bike, rode once around the block, and hid out in a cluster of trees by the garage. I sat on my blanket, ate my oatmeal creme pies and then went back in the house.

10. I don't like Radiohead as much as I know I should. I dig their earlier stuff, and really like the music on their more recent releases, but Thom Yorke's "pained" vocals get on my nerves after a bit.

Comments:
Okay. This is just sad. Very Very sad. I didn't tag anyone, and that you felt the need to do it anyway is just sad.

I will try harder next time to tag you so that you don't have to shamelessly copy me.
 
I want to read My Life as a Tire. You should post it. Or if you don't post it...email it to me!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




hits